The Honduran Central Conference secretariat diligently supports the mission of the church and strives to uphold the principles and values of the Bible and the Seventh-day Adventist Church in all areas of its ministry. The scope of his service includes administration, regulations and procedures, as well as the coordination and implementation of the missionary program of the church.
ROLE OF THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
“You have guided me according to your advice, and then
you will receive me in glory”
- In his role as advisor, the Executive Secretary must perform a strategic and intentional task of motivating and training the administrative and ministerial leadership of the church.
- Today’s counselor is evolving from being a passive support figure to being an active figure who guides and monitors responsibly. We are experiencing the professionalization of the board as the sentinel of corporate governance.
- He is responsible for keeping the minutes of the sessions and meetings of the Board of Directors, will maintain correspondence with the organizations of the church and will attend to other pertinent duties under his charge.
- Executive Administrators: The president, secretary and treasurer are the executive administrators and must carry out the work in mutual consultation. (RO, p. 31).
- Serve as advisor to the president on regulatory matters
- Promote retention of church members:
a) Creating strategies.
b) Establishing Programs.
c) Evaluating periodically.
- Prepare, in consultation with the president, the agenda of the Board of Directors and convene its members.
- Chair the Board of Directors at the request of the president.
- Represent the President when he requests it.
- Guide the development and growth of the church in its territory.
“In the morning let me know of your great love, because in you I have put my trust.
Show me the path that I must follow, because I raise my soul to you.
In order to be successful in the supervision and evaluation management of the financial system of the Adventist Church, there must be a human talent that has the following profile:
The Royal Academy of the Spanish Language defines the word “statesman” as “Person with great knowledge and experience in State affairs. He is a specialist in statistical data matters.
- In the organization, the Executive Secretary can be identified as a strategist in the government function of the Adventist church.
- It must have a futuristic and innovative strategic vision to anticipate events, happenings and transformations in the fulfillment of the entity’s mission.
- Ensure compliance with the Church Regulations.
- Instruct and guide the workers on Denominational Regulations.
- Be the official voice of the board’s agreements.
- Promote the maturation of local congregations, especially groups.
- Creation and evaluation of statistics. Rules interpreter. Prepare and send minutes to all board members.
- Instruct the secretaries of the local Churches and those in charge of the institutions in their functions.
- Development and support of strategic plans in the fulfillment of the mission.
“Write down the things you have seen, and the things that are,
and those that are to be after these”
- The scribe of Antiquity in the Ancient Egyptian civilization, was a fundamental character, educated, an expert in hieroglyphic and pictographic writing, and knowledgeable of the secrets of calculation, being the only one capable of assessing taxes, insuring construction work and transcribe the orders of the pharaoh.
- For the Hebrews he was the copyist of the Holy Scriptures and, later, even the doctor and interpreter of the law.
“Then a scribe approached him and said: –
Master, I will follow you wherever you go.”
Matt. 8: 19
Liability and Custody
- Ensure the care and conservation of parishioner records of the camp and institutions of the Mission/Association.
- Custody of the Service Sheets of the workers and updating them.
- Registration and control of vacations of the workers.
- Keep a record of Administrative agreements. You have access to the files.
- Prepare the document accrediting credentials and licenses as appropriate to their workers.
- Process retirement applications, and other applications.
- Carry out the minutes of the Board of Directors and Administrative agreements.
- He is a consultant of the historical data of the church.