The mission of Personal Ministry is to provide resources and enable church members to unite their efforts with ministers and church officers in the final proclamation of the gospel of salvation in Christ. The goal of the department is to enlist each member in active soul-winning service for God.
The Personal Ministry Department was established as an important arena for soul winning activities within the church. It exists to teach and to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in response to Jesus’ command, in the context of the three angels’ messages of Revelation 14:6-12. In order to honor this original purpose, the Personal Ministry department continues to communicate the good news of salvation with the objective of winning, maintaining and preparing for Jesus Christ men, women, youth, boys and girls, throughout our territory, and to design programs and resources to assist the church in fulfilling its mission.
METHODS AND ACTIVITIES
The Personal Ministry department of the local church has historically specialized in certain methods of soul winning, although they are by no means limited to just these:
- House to house evangelism
- Literature Distribution
- Biblical studies
- Organization and development of Community Service programs of the church, including the Dorcas society.
- Organization and development of the annual collection program
- Manage the correspondence Bible school.
- Cooperation with the Sabbath School Department in the organization and fulfillment of Sabbath School classes.
- Cooperation with the pastor of the local church in the organization, administration and promotion of the small group ministry.